Could this be real? Is it a possibility? Is it too early to think about it? Is it too soon? Should I talk about it? Am I crazy for thinking so?
These are just some of the questions that were running rapid in my brain. It felt like I was playing 20 questions with myself. All of these ideas, questions, scenarios popping in and out of my mind. Finally I found an answer:
Tomorrow!
Let me catch you up so this doesn't seem so weird and confusing.
The date is February 21 (Sunday). Sunday's are busy for us, so all of these questions were rambling in my head throughout the day. I woke up and instantly thought, "maybe??" I ignored my mind and began getting ready for church. But they kept creeping up, over and over again. I never uttered one aloud to myself or to my husband. This was solely a conversation in my head. Anyways, the day progresses and my mind continues to wonder from current tasks, to questions, sermon, to questions, lunch conversations, to questions, etc.
As I am laying in bed that night, trying to fall asleep but only questioning myself, I finally got an answer: Tomorrow.
Seems like an odd answer, right?
I had finally decided that I was going to take a pregnancy test the next morning.
So Monday morning comes, and I am still keeping my questions and final answer to myself. It's the first thing on my mind. I tell myself, "Don't get excited for no reason. Just be patient. Wait for the result." So first thing first, I head to the bathroom and take the test. The next 5 minutes are the longest 5 minutes ever! I go ahead and start my morning routine while I wait.
5 minutes later... Oh my! No way! Seriously?! Is this real? Am I dreaming?
The test is positive.
I looked at myself in the mirror, with the goofiest grin I have ever seen. I could not believe it. I was afraid to believe it. So I hid the test in my pocket and went back to my usual morning routine. At this time Justin is getting ready to leave for work. I follow through as if nothing is different. (Crazy? Maybe. Difficult? Absolutely!)
He's gone and I have the house to myself. I am ecstatic! I take a picture of the test and rush through getting ready, because at this point I have spent too much time "sidetracked" and have gotten myself behind.
I go through work like nothing is different. I talk to Justin on lunch like nothing is different. I spent the entire day thinking of how I wanted to tell him. So I decided on making a small sign to hang on the fridge.
Finally I get home from work. I cook dinner, we eat, I wash the dishes, have usual evening conversations with Justin, fold some laundry. Our evening is going as normal. While Justin is distracted in another room I slip the sign on the fridge.
He walks by the sign twice and I think "He hasn't even seen it?!" I am almost getting discouraged when he comes around the corner with a questioning look on his face and asks, "Is this real?"
~~~~~~
So here we are, 9 weeks later, Pregnant. We are over the moon! Every day I wake up and thank God. He has given us one of the greatest gifts!
So our countdown has begun. The final date... October 28, 2016. We cannot wait to welcome a beautiful child into our home. We cannot wait to love on one of the greatest gifts God has given us. We thank God every day for this blessing!
| Just a few facts about Baby Cromer |

No comments:
Post a Comment