In case you haven't noticed, Christmas time is coming. Trees, lights, and decorations are going up everywhere. People are out shopping and it is turning cold outside. With all of the hustle of the holiday season, it is easy to get caught up in the busy and forget the blessings.
I was sitting in the drive-thru at the bank on Tuesday listening to Air1. (side note: if you haven't ever listened to this station, please do. 107.1 fm) Anyways, I can't say I was actively listening, I always have the radio on in the car. A song comes on that I had not heard and it immediately catches my attention. The song is titled One Last Christmas by Matthew West. Let me give you a little background to this song in case you don't know it. I did my research because the song touched my heart.
The song is based on a true story about a boy named Dax Locke from Illinois. Dax was born in 2007. He was later diagnosed with a rare for of leukemia at the age of 15 months; he was said to not make it to Christmas. Dax loved Christmas lights so his house, followed by his neighborhood, followed by his town was decorated for Christmas before Halloween. In December of 2009 Dax passed away. Dax did get to see Christmas though.
Oh my! What a story! My heart aches and fills with sorrow when I read something like this. Sitting in my car listening to this song it has me in tears. I didn't even know it was based on a true story at the time. But I realized that the events in the song are real.
Life is busy, I get it. And holiday's make it even busier; but we all have to stop and remember that each day is filled with blessings. In this story, Dax and his mom still have so many blessings, and if you watch any interviews or videos of her, you see that she is always thankful.
This song has inspired me to try harder to always count my blessings, because I'm human and it's easy to get caught up in the bad. This song was a good reminder for me to just stop sometimes. I have attached the video below, it includes a small message from Matthew West. Please take time to watch it. Also, I have posted the link to the website for Dax incase you want to read more about him.
One Last Chance - Matthew West
Dax Story
No comments:
Post a Comment